The Building Information Research Knowledgebase (BRIK) is comprised of research items categorized in multiple areas. Browse a category below to view the subcategories and access research in those areas:
- Research Use is divided into three areas encompassing the broadest division of topics.
- Research Type is divided into five areas breaking down research into more specific topics.
- Performance defines those objectives that work together and in balance to achieve successful holistic building projects.
- Buildings divides facilities in 19 different building types according to function and regardless of size.
- Infrastructure/Civil presents the communal systems that knit the elements of the built environment together, often at a scale large than an individual facility.
- Materials pertain to particular manufactured building components classified by their composition.
- Systems are integrated components that work together to fulfill a specific function for a building.