Planning of the Pre-Concept Architectural Design for the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal
This paper walks through the development of an architectural pre-concept design for the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) to:
• create a world class center for health care, teaching and research
• create a patient-focused healing environment
• respond to requirements of a 3.8 million sq.ft. functional program
• reflect the functional, human and philosophical values of the MUHC
• integrate the architectural design with the urban context and community life.